How to Speed Up Your Company’s Next Release
As businesses continue to move towards becoming more agile, they continue to face significant roadblocks that impact that agility. An agile methodology allows enterprises to switch up processes and workflows while efficiently minimizing downtime. But companies that are new to agile workflows too-often frame their requirements ambiguously. Unfortunately, businesses waste so much time clarifying requirements that it impedes progress. And many companies are still using manual testing instead of automated testing.
The fact is traditional development tools haven’t been able to keep pace in an agile environment. They are slow and expensive, and often result in missed deadlines and delivery dates. Opting for newer generation testing tools, such as Broadcom’s Continuous Testing solutions, will help your dev cycle keep up a quicker agile cadence. Your business will be predictively meeting milestones and delivering value to customers faster.
What’s Wrong with Traditional Testing?
Testing is a laborious task prone to errors. Consider what goes into a traditional testing lifecycle:
- Interface with the customer to find out their needs or define an idea.
- Write out requirements according to back-and-forth discussions with the
- Developers begin to code according to those requirements.
- QA testers identify their test cases. This is quite an involved process that will need to take account of every possible scenario.
- QA testers must then write out a test for every scenario they’ve
- QA testers then need to come up with the data they need for each
- Automation scripts are written to deal with testing logistics.
- After all this is done, test cases are finally executed.
Broadcom’s Continuous Testing suite aims to jump directly from writing out requirements to executing test cases. It does this by representing everything as a visual model, automating the QA testing phase as much as possible.
Introducing Broadcom’s Continuous Testing Toolset
Broadcom offers a suite of continuous testing tools for businesses to roll out faster product releases. Key solutions include:
- Test Data Manager
- Agile Requirements Designer
- Service Virtualization
Broadcom’s tools help teams see their entire process as a visual model. Developers will be able to model how the application reacts as inputs change or how the underlying state of a database changes. These are then mapped to expected results of how the application should react to these changes.
Sprinkle in a bit of test data and automation, and you’ll be able to systematically step through and generate test cases from your entered inputs. Let’s dive in deeper to see specifically how Continuous Testing by Broadcom can speed up your team’s development process.
How Broadcom’s Tools Accelerate the Testing Process
Broadcom’s BlazeMeter, Test Data Manager, Agile Requirements Designer (ARD), and Service Virtualization are model-based testing tools that work within your organization’s particular requirements. These could be test cases, user stories or release plans. Without these agile testing tools, teams might spend too much time optimizing the UI layer at the expense of the more important API and code layers. Instead of performing a majority of testing at the UI level, Broadcom’s Continuous Testing automation suite allows teams to focus on deploying proportionately more unit and API tests. This will allow surveying of the code layer before errors ever crop up into the UI layer.
Here’s how Broadcom’s Continuous Testing solutions can help your team release software faster:
- Broadcom’s testing software can improve collaboration by building better requirements and improving team and client communication.
- Continuous Testing allows for automated test creation and test optimization. This enables teams to achieve maximum coverage with a minimal number of test Teams can easily rejigger tests to meet various coverage goals (regression, smoke, functional, etc.).
- Teams can use these tools to analyze their test coverage and risk
- Teams can identify and define robust data requirements using a powerful data expression language. Broadcom Continuous Testing software supports both positive and negative testing.
- Broadcom software can automatically handle requirement changes through its automated test suite. Teams can respond quickly to the particular impact of change as requirements and constraints change.
- Broadcom integrates with your existing dev toolset, whether it’s JIRA, Rally or ALM.
Systematically generating test cases through Broadcom’s Continuous Testing suite can significantly speed up your team’s development process. Teams can programmatically generate both the test data and the automation steps necessary to execute scripts. Imagine the joy of being able to simply press a button and generate all of your test cases! Test design is now completely automated when using Continuous Testing by Broadcom.
Want to learn how agile software solutions can help your company? Contact us for a demo or more information.
- On April 8, 2021
- 0 Comment