Starter Edition Software FAQs
Who is eligible to sign-up for the Starter Edition?
You’re eligible if you:
- Do not currently have a paid user account for the requested Starter Edition product (Users with a paid account for one product are encouraged to enroll in Starter Edition accounts for different products).
- Have not previously signed up for the Starter Edition for the requested product.
- No one else in your Organization has an active Starter Edition subscription administrator account for the requested product.
- Are using your Starter Edition subscription to perform work on behalf of an organization based in one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, United States.
- You are NOT using your Starter Edition subscription to do work on behalf of a government agency.
Go to www.broadcom.com/bizops-starter-edition and register for the product that you would like to use.
BlazeMeter and Automic CDD will be provisioned immediately.
Rally and DX APM SaaS will be provisioned within 2 business days.
There is no expiration date for the Starter Edition offerings.
There is never a cost for the Starter Edition as long as your usage is below the Starter Edition usage limits
No, the Starter Edition is only available for business/professional use.
Starter Edition accounts using a product beyond the Starter Edition usage limits may be asked to upgrade their account to a paid account based on the entitlements in use, or to reduce usage to below Starter Edition usage limits. Accounts using beyond the Starter Edition entitlements for an extended period without upgrading to a paid account may be terminated.
- Contacting a Reseller Partner.
- Upgrading within the application itself (BlazeMeter only)
- Contacting Broadcom directly
No, a paid account cannot be downgraded to a Starter Edition account.
No, the Starter Edition offerings are only available in SaaS versions.
Each organization is allowed one Starter Edition account per product. If someone within your organization is already using a Starter Edition account you cannot enroll in another account for the same product.
No, a user cannot have a paid account for a Starter Edition product and a Starter Edition account for that same product.
Yes, Starter Edition accounts can be used to support production deployments.
Yes, export utilities within each product can be used to export data from Starter Edition accounts.
API access for Starter Edition products varies, depending on the product. Please see the Starter Edition usage limits outlined above.
- Community – To sign-up for the Broadcom Community please go to the MyBroadcom Registration Page and register. Select Basic registration type and CA Technologies Software Products as product preference.
- Product Documentation:
Starter Edition accounts with no activity over a 90 day period may be deleted.
All DX APM SaaS subscriptions show an expiration date. We are working to remove this in the product. Your Starter Edition account will not expire.
Contact us for more information!
Built on a strong foundation of expert services and extraordinary teamwork,
A&I is driven to continue success by providing our customers with proven results.